Our first Tuesday class! Good hard work and excellent blocking.
Warmup: including loosening & stretching – shoulders, arms, back, waist ;
- Overview of English Martial Arts and what we will be covering, as well as an introduction to a few of the weapons we work with.
- Overview of the Sword Guards and general uses
- Brief intro to the Principles, particularly the True & False Times
- Practice of the Outside & Inside Guard & guard testing
- Blocking using the Inside and Outside guard vs. attack to the left and right neck
- Attack/Blocking drill vs. steadily increasing power attacks using the guards practiced
- The importance the appropriate focus – Watch the weapon
- Many skills are built on the foundations of the basic guards and attacks
- Make sure you’re safe even when a drill seems ended – stay in guard and aware until you’re safely out of distance